Betta Blowing Bubbles?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

saffholly

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, i moved my betta into a bigger tank last week, yesterday i noticed he had been blowing bubbles, i did a water change and removed most of them and today they are back. Does this mean he wants to breed? i thought they only blew bubbles if they saw a female (i'm probably wrong). I would breed from him but at the moment i havn't got room to keep male fry seperate.

It's just what a happy Betta does, it is absolutely 100% a good sign.

PS. If you ever did breed them you would need to have 3 or more tanks, one for the male, one for the female and one for the fry - that is just to start with.

I have 4 tanks (female is in one with a couple corys, male is on his own, a tank with fry in it and my comunity tank) at the moment i am over run with guppy fry so no room for betta fry, i might have to get a couple more tanks, just worried that i will end up with males and need even more tanks. How many fry do they usually have?

I'm pleased its a good sign he's bubble blowing, he must have been unhappy in the smaller tank, so glad i moved him.

Well i know most people (including me) think keeping Betta's in jars is wrong but i think a lot of breeders have a shelf of jars for the fry until they are ready to sell on. I believe fry that are growing in jars are ok as long as the water conditions are perfect.

I might buy some small plastic tanks, they dont cost much. Hopfully they will be like my guppies and mainly produce female fry (though males are probably easier to sell?).

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back