Betta belly swells a LOT after feeding...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BettaNeo

Reaction score
I started feeding Neo every other day because I noticed his belly gets very swollen. I also feed him a very tiny bit as I know their stomachs are about the size of his eye. I feed him only frozen bloodworms, he hates dry food or pellets. I hold it in my hand until it melts then drop it into the tank. Sometimes he jumps out hehe

Anyways, every time I feed him even the tiniest amount, his belly swells 2-3x the size. What could be causing this? The amount I feed him is ridiculously not enough yet his belly always swells after every feeding.

He's in a 10g tank with no other fishies. I bought him very sick. Never wanted a fish but couldn't walk past him at the pet store. He reacted to me too so I got him and promised to nurse him back to health. As far as I know, he has velvet and fin rot. Been medicating him for about two weeks with improvements already seen. Using PolyGuard. Not sure if it's relevant but wanted to share.

Is it normal for his belly to swell after feeding? Or could it be something else?

Last edited:
Hi

feed him only frozen bloodworms, he hates dry food or pellets.

Stop feeding him blood worms they are not nutritious, Feed him pellets he may refuse at first but after a week without food he will happily take pellets.

What sort of pellets are they.
I only use and recommend Atisons betta pro or New life spectrum betta pellets.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back