Betta And Longfin Danios?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

LadyRiv.

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, i have a male betta in a community tank (64l) with 5 platys and 2 zebra danios. The betta never showed any agression towards any of the fish in the tank. they all seem to get on great. i am thinking about getting another 2 danios and really like the look of longfin zebra danios. My only worry is that my betta might see a thread in them/confuse them with another betta and chase/kill them. Does anyone have any experience with bettas and longfin danios in 1 tank? Thanks for your advise.

I'm no expert, but I would have thought that for the Betta to pose a problem to the Danios, first he would have to catch them? In other words, the Danios would be too quick to be hassled by the Betta.

I'm no expert, but I would have thought that for the Betta to pose a problem to the Danios, first he would have to catch them? In other words, the Danios would be too quick to be hassled by the Betta.

I'd say no, since even if he couldn't catch them, trying to would probably stress him out.
Probably best to just stick with short fin, as you know that they work :good:

whilst the betta is too slow to catch the danios to bother him, the danios are very fast eaters where bettas are not, just keep an eye to make sure he is getting some food too :good:

he's definately getting his fair share of food and even at feeding time there is no chasing or flaring or anything... i think i will stick with "normal" danios, just wondered if anyone had experience with longfin danios and bettas. thanks for the replies.

I have the same size tank as you and I am considering a Betta, but i was told Danios were not sutiable for my tank, as its too small

Most reactions

Back