Best And Worst Concerts/gigs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

riffraff

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
afternoon all..
ive been to loads of concerts and gigs, well back in the day anyway :rolleyes:

so after a quick search i havent seen this question asked..

whats the best and worst concerts/ gigs youve ever been to :band: ?

the best for me where, the freddie mercury tribute , gnr 4 times, madness where very good,
quo was a fun night, loads of others really. the very very very worse was the stranglers, my god they where dire :sick:

Best - Roni Size at the Astoria, London

Worst - The Prodidgy at the Blue Room in Las Vegas

My best would have to be Armin Only Imagine 2008

Worst must have been on millenuim at the Dome

Best: Monster Uproar 2011 at Verizon Wireless Ampitheater in St. Louis

Worst: Riverside Music Festival in Little Rock AK

really!!!

best gig = Oasis @ Knebworth

worst gig = Girls Aloud @ Lincoln Castle (although they were hot)

best gig - oasis finsbury park 2002 (i think), or Reef a couple of years ago at the UEA. very hard choice to make.

worst - razorlight at the UEA

ianho - as a major oasis fan aswell, it is well documented that the actual music and performance at knebworth was pretty lame, but the size and occasion was what made it ? is this right. i was only 10 when it happened :lol: :lol: :lol: im expecting much the same from the Stone Roses gigs this year. ian brown has never been known for his live performances.

they weren't bad, they had some great support acts as well, Prodigy, Ocean Colour Scene, Charlatans, Manic Street Preachers. I got hold of a bootleg copy of the concert afterwards and they sounded good enough to me. hat said i haven't listened to that CD for at least 10 years, and it may have been rubbish, but there was no telling me that 10 years ago.

As for Ian Brown, i have seen him about 4 times now, the first time i saw him he was pretty good. He is very hit and miss though, just depends what he's been up to, if you know what i mean. He's better sober.

charlatans were special guests at teh finsubury park gig. was my first gig ever and to be honest i ignored them as i was so excited that oasis were on next. pretty gutted now, love them. the coral and BRMC also supported, they were mega. the coral hadnt even released the first album at that point i dont think, they were mindbending.

<3 the Coral but never got to see them live, they were awesome song writers and musicians.

I should not be allowed to enter as at one time I was part owner of a sound company in the 1970s and we did concerts. But the two best shows I have been at as an audience member would have to be Jimi Hendrix in Central Park in NYC in 1967 and the Rolling Stones in Baltimore, MD during the Get Your YaYas Out tour in November 1969.

The performances captured for this release were recorded on 27–28 November 1969 at New York City's Madison Square Garden, while "Love in Vain" was recorded in Baltimore, Maryland on 26 November 1969.

I can not think of a bad concert I have been to but there have been a few awful opening acts.

really!!!

worst gig = Girls Aloud @ Lincoln Castle (although they were hot)

They weren't on form and they were doing a lot of 'new' stuff. Also there was some feedback so Keith kicked all the monitors off the stage, only for a poor roadie to race back on and set them all up. It was a Saturday night as well, so I missed my only Saturday night in Vegas for it :-(

Did you get right to the front for the Girls Aloud gig? For a better viewing 'angle'? :hey:

<3 the Coral but never got to see them live, they were awesome song writers and musicians.

haha seeing all these scrawny grots trundle onto the stage, about 8 of them or something, then they started blowing our minds with the first album, good times. BRMC's basslines were making the bottom of my jeans flap with the beat, spread your love was enormous. proud mary also played, they were good i brought their album off the back of the gig. and cornershop played. they were shocking, and had lots of noodles thrown at them.

Best concert Ive been to is something I mull over once in a while

It was always Gomez at the Royal Court Liverpool but Roger Waters doing Dark side at the echo moved me to tears as its my favourite cd of all time and it was amazing live and everytime I see Coldplay I thnk they are about the best Ive ever seen

Worst concert for me is either the Police at the MEN where all I did was think of what to eat on way home or Arctic Monkeys in the Echo where I actually fell asleep ( Id worked night the night before ) but they were shockingly bad

Best: The Black Crowes Norfolk, Va 11Nov96

Worst: The Very Black Cows Boston, Ma 30Aug09.. At least I saw Levon (r.i.p)

Worst concert for me was a band called Silverfish at Cardiff University in 1991. The sound was literally so loud you couldn't hear it properly, and really poorly mixed, the band were grumpy, and to top it off I had a horrible throat infection at the time.

The best was possibly Peter Green's Splinter Group, not only fine performances from what was basically an array of rock and blues legends (Cozy Powell, Neil Murray and Spike Edney) but also the most appreciative audience I've ever been part of. It was when Peter had just returned to playing live and everyone there knew how lucky they were to hear him perform. You could feel the love! Even better, they released that gig as a live album :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back