Bala Sharks In A Pond?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Reaction score
I am thinking about setting up a pond over the summer. I don't know what size yet, but I need to see how much it would cost and go from there, lol.

Anyway, I am in Florida (north Florida, though) so I was thinking I might be able to try a tropical species, like bala sharks or oscars. I have heard of oscar ponds, but what about bala sharks? How large of a group should I do? How big of a pond would they need? Could I mix an oscar in with them? What kind of filtration?

I am thinking about setting up a pond over the summer. I don't know what size yet, but I need to see how much it would cost and go from there, lol.

Anyway, I am in Florida (north Florida, though) so I was thinking I might be able to try a tropical species, like bala sharks or oscars. I have heard of oscar ponds, but what about bala sharks? How large of a group should I do? How big of a pond would they need? Could I mix an oscar in with them? What kind of filtration?

you would need a fairly large pond, and oscars need to be in groups to feel comfortable, especialy if they are going to be in with balas, why dont you try some hi fin sharks? they may be able to grow to adault form if given the right requirements! :good: and they will be amazing too :drool:

Bala sharks can easily attain 13"+

i would recommend a pond of around 500 US gallons plus to comfortably house a decent sized group.

you would need a fairly large pond, and oscars need to be in groups to feel comfortable, especialy if they are going to be in with balas,
Lol try swapping the word Oscars and Balas and you would be correct.

What is the coldest temperature you get in your area, I recall someone who set up a tropical pond in Florida but ended up losing a lot of fish for one reason or another

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back