Baby rocket gars feeding

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

glolite

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi, I've been keeping tropical fish for 15 years and have just got three baby rocket gars for my large tank. Have researched and read the threads on here and so far the gars have accepted some pieces of prawn fed by plastic forceps. Does anyone know if it is safe to feed them dried complete turtle and terrapin food? It contains krill, shrimp and all fish derived dried mix which can be crumbled and conveniently floats on the surface. I intend to also feed them bloodworm and dried worms while they are small.

I think it is safe to feed them it or any fish pellets, to get my fish to eat pellets I bought some salmon canned cat food and coated the pellets with it lightly and they eat it, I even got my wolf fish to eat pellets this way

Hi, I've been keeping tropical fish for 15 years and have just got three baby rocket gars for my large tank. Have researched and read the threads on here and so far the gars have accepted some pieces of prawn fed by plastic forceps. Does anyone know if it is safe to feed them dried complete turtle and terrapin food? It contains krill, shrimp and all fish derived dried mix which can be crumbled and conveniently floats on the surface. I intend to also feed them bloodworm and dried worms while they are small.
Ctenolucius hujeta are very easy to get onto pellets in my experience. I have had 8-9 over the years and all of them adapted to pellets within the first week of having them.

The turtle food and terrapin food can be fed but not as the main staple.

The OP hasn't been on the forum for 3 years so is unlikely to see your reply.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back