Babies Babies Babies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

bubblej17

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
wow today has been so exciting i finally got my first big batch of babies, i wasnt even expecting them as i looked in my tank as i do every morning i saw the tiniest of white dots i looked closer and was amazed it was a baby although i startled it and it shot off straight into the mouth of...... yes the daddy how cruel i was upset for a moment then i spotted another 2 dart out from the bushes i was quick to catch these and put them in their breeding tank i thought that was it when i saw another two then one more then another i now have 11 babies in the breeding tank and one baby in the main tank i just cannot catch it he's way too fast so he has a good chance of survival, anyhow when there is good news..... yes, there is always bad, 2 of my silver mollies have died and one of my orange ones all females and all at different times during today, i cant understand why as my levels are all fine, im guessing maybe some mollies die after giving birth although im not sure, i dont need any answers to that but if you want to leave them, thank you, i just wanted to express my excitement with you all, lol i know im mad, thanks for reading :D :D :D :D

Congrats on the fry.

What are your actual levels? Mollies are very susceptible to illnesses at lower levels of Nitrates compared to many other fish. Stress that is non bioload related can cause death in fish too, although that is much more difficult to nail down as the cause. Nitrate tests are notoriously inaccurate on the low level of the scale too.

Congratulations on the new fry:) sorry for the deaths of your Mollies :(

congratulations on your new fry, its a shame you had to lose some fish at the same time, sorry for their death

xXX

my nitrate level was 20 as the tank has only been setup for about a month, i didnt think nitrate was a killer or could be harmful, my nitrite was showing a very slight lilac coluor but i wouldnt of said it was 0.25 not quite, and my ammonia was also the same it had a touch of green colour but i wouldnt of said it read 0.25 either, could just a little bit like that of killer my adults?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back