Auratus with a bloat

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

helptoall

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, He is alone in a small 40L tank{its temporary} . Im feeding with JBL novo Malawi, water P are 0,0,10.he is about 8 cm. about 2 mouths ago He had a sunken belly and i treated him with prazi which appred to help and i also increased the amount im feeding a bit. it seemed to help but then about a mounth later he started to seem a bit bloated ,so i deacresed the amount but still more then what it used to be.there was a bit of improvment for 2 weeks and then it stopped and got worse, now he looks very bloated.There arent any raised scales,his colors are pale and he is pooping white stingy poo.yesterday morning he didnt wanted to eat but today he did ate.
What do you think is it? on what treatments you reccomend? I dont have a photo..Thank you

Please post a photo if you can, it may help greatly.

What is the water quality like (nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, hardness, pH)? About how much do you feed at a time and how often?

I feed twice a day, i dont know how to explain how much i feed.. idk PH and i wrote the other Parameters

For now I'd stop feeding for a few days and perhaps try adding a table spoon of epsom salt to the tank. The epsom salt will help if it is constipation or fluid buildup.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back