Atison's Betta Starter?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

bettaBetta

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not a breeder but I've been seeing this stuff everywhere online, aquabid, IBC, e-bay and I was wondering what you breeders thought about this.
This is the description:

Atison's Betta Starter

Top performance larval fish diet with high digestible
energy. To be used from day 3 to the end of the first month.
12 g container

Nutritional complete food for young Betta fish that will help promote fast growth, optimal development and disease resistance. High protein content. No inclusion of terrestrial animal proteins. High HUFA and phospholipids content. High DHA/EPA ratio. Highly attractive for the fry. Excellent water stability with reduced sediment in the tank. Free-flowing floating crumbles. Contains vitamins A3, D3, E and C. Finally, breeding the Betta made easy. This food has been extensively tested and is the easy way to raise your fry. It comes in a very attractive package that contains the small food container with a handy spoon and a very extensive explanation by Mr. Atison on how to best breed and raise the Betta fish. Fray raised with a combination of Betta Starter for the first month and Betta PRO after that have outperformed any other feeding regimes in terms of survival rate of the fry and size of the adult Betta. The Bettas grow bigger but do not get fat. The Betta starter comes in a nice box containing a small bottle with 12 g of larval fish diet, a small spoon and a clear instruction on how to breed Bettas using Ocean Nutrition products.

It's a nice idea and may work for some spawns, but my fry wouldn't touch anything that didn't move until the 3rd or 4th week, so it's basically useless if you can't get them to eat it in the first place :dunno:

I agree with Synirr. It sounds nice... (mwahah, "Betta breeding made easy"!) but it really can't replace live foods for newborn fry. Mine are just now, at 4 weeks, getting a hang of the concept of eating food that doesn't wiggle :rolleyes:

It's a nice idea and may work for some spawns, but my fry wouldn't touch anything that didn't move until the 3rd or 4th week, so it's basically useless if you can't get them to eat it in the first place :dunno:
While on paper you would think your correct, you are actually incorrect ! The food is designed to mimic live food and be fed from day 3 until 1 month old. Now if Atison used it and it worked on his farm and we tested it here on 18,000 gallons of bettas and it worked here then I can assure you it works !

Attachments

• testinggrounds.jpg
    testinggrounds.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 170
While on paper you would think your correct, you are actually incorrect ! The food is designed to mimic live food and be fed from day 3 until 1 month old. Now if Atison used it and it worked on his farm and we tested it here on 18,000 gallons of bettas and it worked here then I can assure you it works !

i've seen you pushing this product on other forums, too, and i will repeat what i and others have said there. i DID purchase this item and tried feeding it to my fry. the younger ones refused to eat it, and yes, i do have a filter bubbling in there that supposedly causes the food to "mimic" bbs. while it may appear to mimic bbs to us in a visual sense, read the ingredient list. the actual contents are quite different. as i recall, the main ingredients are marine fish proteins. apparently physical appearance alone is not sufficient to fool younger fry. my older fry (1 month and up) will take it, but feed more vigorously on live food, plus the product says it is to be used only till the end of the first month. i think if people are having success with live foods, there is no reason to switch. live food is cheap, self-replicating, and easily recognizable as food.

atison betta pro food, on the other hand, is a fantastic product in my experience. i have yet to see a betta turn it down. even my betta coccina love it, and they are very picky eaters.

^ I agree. If someone says their fish aren't eating it, well, their fish aren't eating it :dunno:
If I said my fish don't eat something, I don't want to be called incorrect when.....they're clearly not eating it :unsure:

I'll always use live :)
I've heard minor complaints against the adult pellet that Atison produces, supposedly it swells up 3X the size of Hikari. Overall, I'll stick with what I know and that's Hikari.

I've heard minor complaints against the adult pellet that Atison produces, supposedly it swells up 3X the size of Hikari. Overall, I'll stick with what I know and that's Hikari.

the regular adult pellet or the adult pro pellet? i feed the pro pellet and havent had any problems with it. the pellet itself is also pretty small, even my littlest bettas eat it easily. a little bonus is that it keeps all my fish in breeding shape, so if one girl isnt working out i can always swap her out for another :D

Well I am just glad that 99.9% of the users out there aren't having these "issues" as it would certainly be disheartening !

The nicest thing is that a huge segment of the breeders in Thailand, Malayasia, Singapore, and Vietnam are/have switched over to this wonderful product line of foods that bettas will be familiar with these products from day 3 on !

As they say TETO !

i'm glad you're so excited about this product. i bought it because i trust atison products and it appeared convenient. my fry, however, are not nearly as delighted with it as you are, and choose not to eat it. while i can tell them that all their fellow fry in thailand and malaysia and other parts of asia are eating it, i don't think that will have much sway ;) i'm sure people have had success using it, but i can only speak from my experience, and that is that my fry wouldn't take it. no product has a perfect success rate...although i have to say i've never heard of betta fry refusing live food.

i don't see why you are so insistent on making people do things YOUR way when it clearly doesn't work for them. i do, however, understand now why watt and duen saenpaeng have consistently refused to supply you with fish, as watt himself has told me. your manners are atrocious and i wouldn't want to be associated with you in a business sense either. i certainly can't blame them.

I always find it amusing when those who have nothing substantial left to say decide to start name calling and lying. Forums always have a way of showing one's maturity or in this case, lack of !

Now now children, how about we agree to disagree on this (and prevent this thread from spiraling downward so far that we're forced to close it). This product obviously works for some and not for others. What works for one will not always work for another. So be it. bettaBetta wanted to hear people's experiences with this, not start an arguement about the product. Obviously, some of you have liked it, some of you haven't.

I personally have not tried it yet, but I have purchased a container. Its a new product, can't hurt to try it out I figure (I will have other foods on hand as back up, you never know). Looks like your average granulated fry food, comes with a cute little scoop. We shall see. That's how we find out what works for us and what doesn't. Its like water conditioners or equipment brands, some of us swear by certain products that others run screaming from.

This product obviously works for some and not for others.

oh i'm certainly not questioning that it does work for some people. i know people who have raised entire spawns on other granulated fry foods. i'm just saying that it didn't work for my fry, and i certainly wouldn't want to be told im incorrect when i've actually experienced them not eating it.

my fry wouldn't touch anything that didn't move...
it's basically useless if you can't get them to eat it in the first place :dunno:
No, actually you stated the above which is what you were being "corrected" on. The product does move when applied properly and is not useless by any means !

my fry wouldn't touch anything that didn't move...
it's basically useless if you can't get them to eat it in the first place :dunno:
No, actually you stated the above which is what you were being "corrected" on. The product does move when applied properly and is not useless by any means !
How does it move? Swirling the water? Enlighten me and I might try it :)

supersix~ I have no idea which one was the sweller. I'm going on heresay.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back