At Last, I Feel Like I'm Getting Somewhere

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

charlton

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
API test kit turned up today so i've dropped everything i was doing to check my water stats and i'm hpping at last i'm getting somewhere :hyper: , if you knowledgeable people could just double check it would be much appreciated !! I know you need previous stats to be more accurate but this how it is now, its a 96l tank been running about 10 days now !!

jan 30th 13:00

PH 7.6
PH high range 8.0
AMMO 2.0
NITRITE 2.0

Just added a few more drops of ammo, how long should it be left before re checking to ensure i've put enough in ?

cheers

charlton

I'm assuming i was right to check ph high range because i was at limit of lower ph range

Hi Charlton,

Good to hear you got your test kit.

Good news is that the fact that you have 2.0 of nitrite means that your ammonia is being processed. How quickly i don't know until you get some historical test results to compare against. Anyway, you are progressing.

pH is fine. If it drops below 7.0, do a water change to bring it back up again.

You should be able to test for ammonia almost immediately after adding some, but it depends on the circulation in your tank. Obviously it needs to be mixed in properly or you'll get a false result.

If you are unsure how much ammonia to add, there is a calculator which works it out for you. Click 'Aquarium Calculator' at the top of the page.

Good luck with your cycle. Post results again in a few days and we'll be able to see what progress you are making.

Cheers :good:

BTT

I have a similar problem with the PH testing... I'm certain my PH is 7.5/7.6 As it is the top reading of my low range kit and bottom reading on my high range kit. I need to get another PH test really.

I don't think it takes long for the ammonia to spread through all the water, have a cup of tea and test it again when your finished :pepsi: :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back