:hyper:
forum4.jpg

forum3.jpg

forum2.jpg

forum1.jpg

what are you thoughts?
if they can go together then fantastic :hyper:

guess what species they are looool :lol:

Not sure what the first one is, but Neon Tetras, fancy tailed guppies and platty's all live happily together, as I have them in my tank and they are all living in harmony there. If you like the fancy guppies, then check out the Diamond Blue and the Cobra Snakeskin, I have both and they are stunning.

Not sure what the first one is, but Neon Tetras, fancy tailed guppies and platty's all live happily together, as I have them in my tank and they are all living in harmony there. If you like the fancy guppies, then check out the Diamond Blue and the Cobra Snakeskin, I have both and they are stunning.
the first one is a platie or danio not sure lol :rolleyes:

im glad you said that cos i may want to stock these guys in my new tank :lol:

The first one is a long-finned zebra danio.

My dad kept all those species together in a community tank years ago, with the exception of the LONG-finned zebras. His were the regular zebras.

I say go for it, they are all very peaceful fish. Be careful with the livebearers though, you could have more fry than you can handle. Other than that, you are good with that mix. Bigger groups of neons would look really nice. Neons and zebras appreciate numbers. The zebras like to chase each other, and in lieu of zebras, they will chase others in the tank (nothing vicious just playfulness, IMHO).

I'd say all should be fine, be wary of the Danio's though, they can and will nip the fins of long-finned fish.

I have 15 fancy guppies, 5 red/blonde, 5 diamond blue and 5 cobra snakeskin. As they are livebearers I went the all male route, they have a more striking pattern and colouration to them and no chance of babies.

Tetras do like groups, I have a mix of Neon and Cardinals (25 between the two types) and they are great when they shoal together. Never had babies, so am thinking that they must have a more specific breeding environment, that my tank doesn't meet.

Platty's are randy little sods and they reproduce at heck of a rate. I had 5 red parrots and within 3 months I now have 15 babies and a knocked up female again already, so am having to re-home some of these. Problem with the platty and it might be a livebearer thing in general but I am not 100% sure, but the female can store sperm for many months, so they can keep churning out babies long after a male has been removed from the equation

I have Leopard , Zebra and a couple of Golden Danio's. They are far from boring. They are very active and it is great watching the small golden danio chase the bigger leopard ones around. Must be Little fish syndrome.

My guppys and albino tetra's all live in harmony.

ok.... i just think their colors are a little bland

That's very different from boring, IMO.
i personally dont thin any fish are boring at all.
each fish has its own personality,correct me if im wrong but if fish were boring we wouldnt keep them i reckon.

if you want a bland fish get an albino lol now thats plain but still makes it interesting :lol:

each fish has its own personality,correct me if im wrong but if fish were boring we wouldnt keep them i reckon.

if you want a bland fish get an albino lol now thats plain but still makes it interesting :lol:
i guess zebra danios don't really meet my tastes

i guess zebra danios don't really meet my tastes

That's alright. Personally I don't like the look of most loaches, they remind me of eels, which remind me of snakes... and I have snake phobia. That's why they make different flavors of ice cream! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back