Are These Cory Eggs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

his instinct is to survive. Last night I glanced into my tank and spotted a tiny baby panda cory sat amongst my java fern leaves. The angels were swimming just above him but he stayed stock still until they'd passed by and then shot off again. He's hiding somewhere but I know not where!

BeckyCats said:
I hope the little guy can survive now that he's out with everyone else and not in the filter. He is too large to eat but I worry whether he'll come out to eat. I suppose I'm worrying over nothing though. He's not going to let himself starve, right?

I found him when I dumped the water in the filter into the bathtub. My filter had broken so I was getting the water out and out plopped this little squiggling thing. I was in shock for a second but I scooped it up as gently and quickly as possible, screaming to the kids, "Baby Cory! Baby Cory!" I dashed with the little fellow into my room and put him into the tank. He shot under a piece of driftwood and out of sight just as the kids came running in. Luckily, we all saw him later in the evening when much was made over the cute tiny baby whiskers.
smile.png

Hope the little un survives :)

So far, so good! Baby-whisker (his cutest feature has become his name) is still doing just fine. We see him (or her, don't really know) every few days. Yesterday he looked bigger than when I first found him. Also, his spots are more defined. He definitely looks like a peppered cory, rather than just a little dark black/grey fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back