Are There Any Colorful Plants For Fresh Water?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

AngelAi

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if there are any easy to take care of plants that are really colorful or flowery plants I can keep in a fresh water tank?

Colorful? Green is pretty colorful. I like anubias and crypts. Easy caring and nice leaves. :)

TallTree01 said:
Colorful? Green is pretty colorful. I like anubias and crypts. Easy caring and nice leaves.
smile.png
thanks 

+1 for anubias and crypts.  Nice, low-light, low-maintenance plants.

As a rule, anything that's not green (chlorophyll are generally green), will need a TON of light to live and be healthy.

Elrohirthehasty said:
+1 for anubias and crypts.  Nice, low-light, low-maintenance plants.

As a rule, anything that's not green (chlorophyll are generally green), will need a TON of light to live and be healthy.

thanks tho I have really good lights that came with my tanks. 

Hygrophila sunset is always good. Some red repens. Crinkles. Cryptocorenes. Red cabomba.

DerpPH said:
Hygrophila sunset is always good. Some red repens. Crinkles. Cryptocorenes. Red cabomba.
ohh i like this idea. 

AngelAi said:
ohh i like this idea.
Plus most of these plants are hardy for beginners!

DerpPH said:

ohh i like this idea.
Plus most of these plants are hardy for beginners!

thanks now all I gotta do is find some! 

Are you in the us or uk? Aquabid, aquatic jungles and liveaquaria are all us sites I know.

I added some Temples and another one (cant remember the name atm) after reading other posts.  Between the stones, driftwood those two plants adding a splash of red in their leaves the tank looks good.  So far I have had no luck with Anacharis as they seem to get tore up quick and I had the same problem with the Hygrophilia I had.  Still trying to become more proficient with live plants, none have died so far thankfully but I am getting a mixture of success on growth.  Half are looking good but not growing rapidly then a couple are almost coming out of the tank now.

I do use aquabid. but im from Canada. I really like the bright red. Red cabomba I have a nice idea for my tank now. I wana get  alot of the Red cabomba and some drift wood. and layer the bottom with.. uhh i forgot the name of it. it looks like grass.  and some sword plants and what not. 

Dwarf hairgrass might be what your thinking of?

hairgrass isent easy to grow.  but if you want a red plant which flowers alot and is easy to grow Barclaya longifolia is your guy also Aponogeton's are fairly easy as well they come in afew shapes and sizes and i think colours.... 

mike455555 said:
hairgrass isent easy to grow.  but if you want a red plant which flowers alot and is easy to grow Barclaya longifolia is your guy also Aponogeton's are fairly easy as well they come in afew shapes and sizes and i think colours.... 
thanks! right now i Only have sword plants and moss and a moss ball. lol soo Im thinking of doing the 55gal angel fish tank up.. and the convicts tank.. I hope he wont bite mee! lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back