Are My Guppys Pregnant?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Breanna1141

Reaction score
I have another post but i really need to know if my guppys are REALLY pregnant. They only have a little Gravid Spot because they would have only conceived 2 days ago. But it really looks like they are pregnant. Please help me!! I have pictures,And i need to know for sure if they are!!!

Attachments

• 081_SML.jpg
    081_SML.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 073_sml.jpg
    073_sml.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 47
The gravid spot doesn't so much show pregnancy as it shows gender. Granted that the gravid spot will get larger as the pregnancy progresses the spot would be there even if they weren't pregnant as it is just another sign of their gender.
Assuming you have a male in the tank than they're probably pregnant - even if they were in a tank with males at the store they'r eprobably pregnant.

What size tank do you have and what's the stock?
And what are your plans if they are pregnant?

I have a 30 gallon And we have about 10 fish in there right now. But the guppies are in a different tank. They didnt have the black spots there before and one of my females dosnt have it. I have 3 females all together and 2 males.

In that case I would say they're pregnant, as it's possible they did have gravid spots which are getting larger now that they have conceived.
I'd say they are pregnant, especially if they're in with males (Which I think I read in the other post)
The average gestation is about a month, if you need more information on what to do than you've come to the right place :nod:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back