are my coryies acting unusually

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SeanTrollope

Fish Addict
Reaction score
its been a while since i kept cories and i have observed mine very often go to the surface to collect bubbles.(this seems pretty normal)but what bothers me is that sometimes they just sit there motionless for a while.

right so i have determined that it is a single fish so it is not normal. what is wrong and how do i fix it

well never mind then. the little guy seems to have stopped this after i fed live food as a little treat. but i am still left curios

well never mind then. the little guy seems to have stopped this after i fed live food as a little treat. but i am still left curios

Don't worry Corydoras do that a lot, I have 6 panda corydoras. There so cute!!! When this happens they are either hungry or have found a nice bit of algae [emoji4][emoji106]Also don't worry about them swimming up to get air! My pandas do that all the time, I call them the 6 Mad pandas [emoji23][emoji23] All corys are lil cuties!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait till they start 'squeaking',

Wait till they start 'squeaking',

Squeaking?? I'm really not sure why they would be squeaking, that's very strange! They could be trying to communicate with you for food????? I'm not exactly sure about 'Squeaking'

aww thats so cool/cute. i just ordered another thee that i am getting tomorrow. yes i absolutely love these little guys. i fell in love at first sight and have literally scaped my tank for them. although i want to add some wood and maybe a few more hiding places.

well i'm pissed. the pet shop did not get them. i understand that the breeders have a shortage at the moment but the lady was incredibly rude.

I love Corydoras, by far the most entertaining fish I have kept. Don't worry, them sitting motionless sometimes is normal, all of the ones I've kept across all of my tanks do it. At first I used to worry they had died, but then they'd rapidly shoot up to the surface, gulp air and then get back to foraging :).

I think I too have heard my Corydoras squeaking! A couple of times in the middle of the night I have heard this strange noise coming from my tanks, almost sounds like a higher pitched door creaking. Heard it in all three of my tanks at some point and the common theme across them all is Corydoras!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back