Aquarium Lights Not Working

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

always4lora

Fish Herder
Reaction score
got 2 24 w t5 tubes of ebay and got a arcadia dual t5 controller, never had either of them on as i've just got them this last week. when i turn on the lights either end of the tubes light up for a little bit then go off. ive tried both bulbs neither work both do the same . any ideas?

got 2 24 w t5 tubes of ebay and got a arcadia dual t5 controller, never had either of them on as i've just got them this last week. when i turn on the lights either end of the tubes light up for a little bit then go off. ive tried both bulbs neither work both do the same . any ideas?

Starter motor might be busted, id get another and try that they are only a few quid!

as far as i was aware t5 don't use starter motor's as its electronically done?

no clue bout lights but lifes a b**** when the light dont work
mine were out for a week cause stupid tetra cant design a proper tank

i tried the two bulbs that i bought , however i only did on e bulb at a time does it require both to work in at the same time?

Hmm one of my light's has a rattle to it , if one is faulty will the controller not light just one of the lights or does it need a complete circuit?still can't work out if it is the controller or the lamps . dont wanna go buying more if its not needed.

Hmm one of my light's has a rattle to it , if one is faulty will the controller not light just one of the lights or does it need a complete circuit?still can't work out if it is the controller or the lamps . dont wanna go buying more if its not needed.
just check they dont have a negative and positive make sure there in right ends see if that works mate

tubes dont have a positive and negative, because they use Alternating current where the electrons switch direction many times a second, mains is AC.

batteries produce DC which travels in one direction, + to - if i remember correctly

it was one of the bulbs that were faulty which was stopping both working. now works fine . thanks for the help

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back