Aquamanta Filters

philak

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Anybody bought one yet?

I like the look of the EFX400 for my 240L tank. The layout looks good with water going down through a pipe to the bottom of the filter and then back up through the baskets. With my Fluval 305 there just seems to be too many obvious ways for water to bypass the media.

Would love to hear if anyone has experience of these filters yet as the price seems good too.

they guy who made the teratec filters is the guy who is making these ones so they are the exact same layout and process as the tetratec systems

some of the filter media even fits into the aquamanta

so yeah they will work exactly like a tetratec

in maidenhead the price of the aquamanta is even cheaper than the fluval range, they're only exclusive to maindenhead to

Thanks, it's reassuring to know it's been designed well. :good:

On the other hand now i know this i've checked out the Tetratec EX1200 and its about £10 cheaper online than the Aquamanta for the equivalent size.

I was also looking at these today - has anyone bought one yet?

ha all ive just purchased one of these, all seems great at the moment upgrading from a fluval 304 (real PITA) so i think anything will be better lol. Even in 24 hours i can see a vast difference in my tank with the water being as clear as glass, the only little niggle with the filter so far is getting the first media basket to sit level but with the transparent sides at least you can see when they are. flow rates good priming it 10x easier than the fluval one, rather than the flimsy rod you got a nice palm pressable button.

cheers steve

p.s Yes the tetratec 1200 is £10 cheaper but this filter has an extra 200lph flow rate which is what swerved me to it seeing i got some rather messy oscars lol!

I recently bought one of the 200's for my juwel rio 125 and it's the first time ive had an external so I have no frame of reference but it was easy enough for an external noob like me to set up. It's been running a week or so now and it's going good alongside the internal for now.

just a question - the 200 comes with carbon which i don't really want, what are you guys gonna replace this with if you are at all?

i will use the carbon untill the bag starts to disintigrate then add a stage of the media i have left over from my last filter! or may just replace it if i fell it makes a great difference.

you can add a phosphate remover pad which will help eliminate some algae from you tank =]

This looks like a nice filter, but can it be bought online? I live on west coast of scotland so wont be anywhere near a shop. I would need to get one delivered for my 240l tank.

dont look like they have a online store, could try to contact the manufacture direct

cheers

you can add a phosphate remover pad which will help eliminate some algae from you tank =]

hmm good plan it has one in already but cant hurt for more, possibly that and some more ceramic media on top for bit more bacteria room? just dont wanna be replacing carbon all the time tbh lol

[possibly that and some more ceramic media on top for bit more bacteria room? just dont wanna be replacing carbon all the time tbh lol

just the ticket. carbon is best kept to remove meds.

I bought an EFX400 last week to replaice my fluval fx2 (i broke the canister).
The EFX400 runs alongside a fluval 305 in a rio 180 which stocks Malawi Chiclids.
The filter works great turns the water over well, but i do find that it is much more noiser than my fluval or rena was and being it is set up in the lounge it can drive me crazy at times. Took the spay bar off it because it made a high pitched whineing noise.

ive got a 65 litre tank with the aquamanta efx200 i find its a great filter not too powerfull but does its job well.

do i have to keep the phosphate pad in or can i put some more sponges in its place?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back