• they are terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • never had one

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
I am probably getting a Aqua Clear Filter tommrow adn was wondering if they are any good or not. I would love to hear of your experience's!

IMO they are the best HOB filters on the market. They have space for bio-media that comes with the kit or you can change out for your own. :good:

I have an ac 70 on my 29 and its pretty great it keeps the water clean and clear,i love the fact that it has loads of space to add whatever media you prefer.Always go bigger in size.

It all depends on the size of your tank, canisters are usually the way to go if your tank is big.

How good is the circulation? I have my 20g flat hex with some baby convict's. The Bio-Wheel has no circulation at all. The water top is like a white faom, and i had 20 1/2 inch at the most size convict's die since last night to today from lack of oxygen. I did a water change last night to add aeriated water. This morning i put a old bubble wand and it is working, but definately need a new filter. Would the 20g filter size work, or do i need a bigger one?

I keep mine on max flow and it gives off alot of aeration,my fish love the the current it outputs.
For the 20 gal i would get the best one you could afford either the 110 or the 70 just cover the intake with a sponge or something else so they dont get sucked up into the filter,but im sure you know this already.Or you could just get the 50 and run duel filters with the one you have now depending on if you have the room for both or not. Choice is yours buddy.

Well theres enough room in the 70 to add one big sponge,a bag of carbon,ceramic noodles and a bag of crushed coral for ph. pretty roomy if you think about it. In mine i just removed the carbon baggie and added another sponge for more media. The choice is yours on what you like to do with it.

Its way more space efficient than lets say a whisper filter or something similar.

Can you buy ready made to fit peat bag's for them? I have been wanting to add one to my bio-wheel, but there is LITERALLY NO ROOM! I dont know if you have ever had one, but there is barley room for the cartridge!

Ive never tried peat and dont know if you could purchase bags of it but like i said its all preference you could add whatever you like inside the filter box.You dont need 30 some odd media in there one is enough.

Yeah bio-wheels are just like the whisper and such theres just enough room for a small sponge and wool cloth thingy for carbon and not enough room for anything else like bags of coral or peat

I want to know if the fi0lter pad's already come with carbon in them. I am treating the tank with medicine, and i dont wan tthe carbon to take it out.

Personally only had good experiences with AQ filters. I only have one penguin biowheel and I got it with a used setup. It actually works fine too, although it produces a really hefty current which I can't adjust at all. One thing I would mention though is that an AQ 70 would be overkill for your 20 gal. Those are really for 30+ gallon tanks. The next size down (whose name I forget because Im used to the old #s AQ had) would be more suitable. The new AQ come with inserts in the box, carbon, ammonia and sponge. Until your sponge is established, I would reccomend leaving in the carbon. After it's a bit more mature, switch out the carbon for another piece of biofiltration media or whatever else youd like to throw in.

Most reactions

Back