AQUABID

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TeaSpiller

Reaction score
Hey all, sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forums I am new to this site!

Anyways,

I have a question about Aquabid & bidding, currently I am in the bid for this black betta & was the first bidder / highest bidder, until someone started outbid me, whenever I make a bid (increase by $1.00 over), it says I just "bumped" up the price or whatever, yet I am not the highest bidder? Why is this --- I really wanna win this betta, as it is similar to a betta I won months back but never received because he died in the sellers care, which made me pretty sad as I loved his markings. So I desperately don't wanna lose this one.

Is it because he has some sort of bid set to $50 or something?

I also don't know if I should bother to bid more, the seller has good reviews (maybe 3 or 4 negative) and the highest bidder has 100 good reviews? But I feel as if the highest bidder is in relation to the seller, purposely trying to push the price up? If that makes sense. As I've seen the same "buyer" on other auctions hosted by the seller.

What do you guys think? I wanna keep bidding but don't wanna spend $30 on a fish now, as transhipping will cost me $75 just for one fish.

When you bid with aquabid, you can set a maximum bid, so that you won't be outbid at the last minute because you are away from the computer. You haven't reached the maximum bid of the previous bidder yet.

My suggestion before going into any bid like that, set a maximum and don't exceed it... EVER. I've used aquabid a fair bit. I seriously doubt that someone is pushing up their prices bidding on their own stuff. But, I suppose, its possible.

Also, you can check out their 'Saturday Night Express' auctions. It happens every 3rd Saturday, I believe. These are one hour auctions and have the tag SNE at the end of the auction item title.

Choose carefully which seller you buy from, always use PAYPAL and enjoy it. Sometimes you can get some great bargains, and sometimes you just lose out. It happens. The key is to be patient. You can also email the seller for clarifications whenever you want. Finally, some of the auctions have a 'buy it now' option.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back