Aqua Soil

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jkc

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Just a quick question hopefully!? As mentioned in a previous post I have just purchased a new tank that I will be setting up at the weekend. :D :D

For a substrate a currently use a mixture of sand and laterite but this time I want to go for a dark coloured substrate. My current plan is to go with black sand and laterite using a mesh to hold down the laterite so that its not pulled up if I want to move plants around. However when I was in the LFS at the weekend I noticed these bags of aqua soil you can use for pond plants. Could this be used in a tank & is it any good?? Could I add laterite to it??

Im guessing that I would still need to cover it with something? Would black sand be ok??

Any comments appreciated

Thanks

James

Dont know about the UK but in America they can get Schultz Aquatic soil which is a pond soil but apperantly you can use for Aquariums with good results, if its that product i would go ahead and buy it, if it isnt i would give it a miss as generally soils for ponds cannot be used in aquariums, the only one that i know can be used is the Schultz.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back