aqua one aquastyle 620T thoughts

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

zain611

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Been years since ive been on this forum. So in the summer i might get my room refurbished and might upgrade my 28 litre aqua one aquastart 320 to something bigger. years back i was looking at the aqua style 620T which is 62 x 39 x 72cm and is 130 litres. Was wondering if anyone has experience or knowledge of this tank or might recommend tanks of similar size. My current tank i think is just suited for shrimps as fishes just last for around 2 to 6 months. All readings are good (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates)

thanks

I have the same tank and am extremely happy with it. The only thing about it is the smaller footprint (tall vs long) so the stocking is a little more limited than, say, a 3' long. So you need peaceful, not too active fish rather than, say danios.

I have harlequin rasboras and endlers in mine, they are very happy. Plus the endlers are tiny so I can have quite a lot of them without maxing out the stock.

I have the same tank and am extremely happy with it. The only thing about it is the smaller footprint (tall vs long) so the stocking is a little more limited than, say, a 3' long. So you need peaceful, not too active fish rather than, say danios.

I have harlequin rasboras and endlers in mine, they are very happy. Plus the endlers are tiny so I can have quite a lot of them without maxing out the stock.

Hey Gruntle, thanks for the reply. Can i ask but how is it cleaning the tank. Is it a little awkward due to the height of it? Definitely will get a bigger heater and a longer syphoning tube. Did a water change on my aquastart 320 and checked the toxins 3 hours after. Ammonia and nitrites were 0ppm and nitrates i think were 25-50ppm so luckily the filter is in really good shape. Been running for 6 years. For when i start cycling the new tank im thinking of cutting 1/5 of the sponge material from the current tank filter and putting that in the new tank's filter to give it a jump start. i have a spare sponge so would cut that and put that in the current filter to help bacteria establish on it and repeat the process. Just would want the cycling to pass quickly.

Cleaning is a little awkward, mainly due to the height of the stand (rather than the tank itself). But overall it's easy.

Your plan for seeding the filter sounds like a good idea.

Cleaning is a little awkward, mainly due to the height of the stand (rather than the tank itself). But overall it's easy.

Your plan for seeding the filter sounds like a good idea.
Thanks Gruntle. Main thing i hope is the plan comes true and work begins in the room and get the tank. Its a lot bigger so will be considerably different when doing water changes. Ive been looking at discus fish however need to see if they are suited for that style of aquarium. I dont think ill be using the cabinet which comes with the tank however may put in low cabinets which hopefully may be good for water changes

If i ever have any questions ill remember to give you a shout
thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back