Apisto cave

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Souperman

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Soon I am going to be redoing my tank and getting rid of the rock my apistos spawn under. I was wondering what are some good caves I can buy or make to replace it?

You can use pvc, clay pots, or coconut shells. Depends on what you would want the tank to look like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am looking for something to blend in with the background may try to use come clay pots.

I had apistos a few years ago and I found that they liked caves with small entrances. If you use a terracotta plant pot, cut an arch in the rim and stand it upside down. Or use a terracotta plantpot saucer with a hole cut in the rim. I found mine liked two saucers siliconed together, with a hole cut in the rim of one of them.

Like this

Attachments

• apistos and cave.JPG
    apistos and cave.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 217
There are several types of reptile caves that may work, but would have to be weighted down some how. They would look more realistic, especially when algae grows on it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info on the terracotta caves I will look into that.
I had apistos a few years ago and I found that they liked caves with small entrances. If you use a terracotta plant pot, cut an arch in the rim and stand it upside down. Or use a terracotta plantpot saucer with a hole cut in the rim. I found mine liked two saucers siliconed together, with a hole cut in the rim of one of them.

Like this[/QUOTE

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back