Api Ammonia Salt And Fresh Water Test Q

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Gytas

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
so i needed a new ammonia test and my lfs only had the API salt water and fresh water test..... i use some other API test kits they are very good.... but the thing with this one is that there is 2 bottles in it one has number 1 and the other has number 2 and i dont know witch of the bottles is the fresh water test

i have been looking on the box and on the papers inside the box and it just does not tell me .... does any1 have any experience with the test and what bottle do i use for fresh water?

thanks

I can't be sure it's the same, but my API ammonia test has two bottles. You add 8 drops from bottle number one, give a little shake to mix and then add the 8 drops from bottle no 2.

I have no experience of the saltwater test; maybe it's the same test so that's why the box says 'fresh and salt water on it?

dont think its the same cause my even has 2 color tables and ones says saltwater and the other says fresh water on it

I have this test. You use both bottles to do the test like fluttermoth says, no matter whether the water is fresh or salt. But if the water is fresh you will use the fresh table to get results, and if it is salt you will use the salt table for results. Saltwater just turns different colors with the test than fresh does so you can't use the same table for both fresh and salt, as the colors are a little different between the two.

You MUST use both bottles to test the water and follow the instructions in the packet, no matter if it is fresh or salt. Otherwise you will get no results. You just need to make sure you use the right card to match the colors to.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back