Anyone Keep Bonsai?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ps3Steveo

Planted Experimentalist
Reaction score
Just wondered if there are any active members that keep Bonsai on TFF? I'm new to it but have a few.

i have one, ive only had it a month or so though, so far its been knocked over and chewed (cats) so im not having any luck with it :no:

Got a couple. This was a few months back.

DSCF2251.jpg

I had one once, but someone repotted it while they were looking after the houseplants when I was away.

It's a tree now.

It's a Hornbeam Steve, Carpinus Betulus.

It's had a trim since that picture (it's actually over a year ago!!)

I have a Maple too, but it's still quite young. Potted it up the other week including a root prune so it's sent it into early dormancy. Next year it should be a cracker.

Wow never seen one before but I am kind of new to it lol, leaves look similar to the elm. :)

im trying to grow my own from seed but not managed it yet :crazy: im trying cherry at the moment but come winter im going to stick some acorns in the grounds as well :fun:

Sounds good, I'm growing 6 from seed at the moment so fingers crossed, the seeds a have been soaked and are currently in the fridge to be planted this weekend.

I have 3 of the little guys!

From left to right: Zelkova, Serissa Foetida and a Japanese Maple. The two on the right are quite young at the moment.
38032410150737872736853.jpg
55551710150925894706853.jpg

I've also been trying to grow my own bonsai trees using a maple, birch and oak. They'll probably take a long time though to develop though.

I love bonsai trees, but unfortunately I do not have one right now. My fiancee got me one for my birthday a couple of years ago and I tried to take care of it, but it died after about a year or so. I think the main problem was that we trimmed the roots back way too far, though we thought what we were cutting was mostly dead.

I am hoping to get another bonsai in the next couple of years, but I want to do more research before I get another one. I am always on the lookout whenever I see them for sale though, just in case. I hope that the next one I get drops its leaves.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back