Anyone have a good website to buy driftwood from?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Souperman

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Have been on the lookout for some but there are no good places around me to find or buy some.

I do not know where you live, but if in the US you can check this out:
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=21396

This Malaysian Driftwood is without question aboout the best wood you can use; it is very dark, sinks without having to be water-logged, not too bad for tannins, and lasts years. I have a lot of this in my tanks. Another advantage is that every piece is different because it is natural wood, and the larger chunks often contain crevices and tunnels which are ideal for loaches, many catfish, plecos. My Whiptail found his "home" and my loaches in another tank play tag through the tunnels and each one has their own space. I've been lucky to find this wood in local stores in the past, so I could select exactly the right pieces for what I intended. Over 20 years of using it, I have never had issues with toxins or fungus, unlike some other woods that have killed fish.

I've not used Foster&Smith, as I'm in Canada and border fees are incredible, but I have heard good things about their quality and service.

Byron.

the site Bryon said is good, but often, they sell wood at petco too, and for cheap. another option, I wouldn’t recommend unless you have a good a ammount if patience, is collecting wood. but that’s super complicated.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back