Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anyone Else Use Fungus Eliminator Before?

Discussion in 'Tropical Discussion' started by a1wonder, Sep 28, 2004.

1. a1wonder

a1wonder Member

Hello I just noticed a couple of my fish had come down with a bit of fin rot I tryed using melafex for a week and the situation got better on a few and worse on others.
    So I took a trip down to walmart and took a look at what they had. Not a heck of alot of selection but their cost is 50% less than any of the LFS I belive the fish have a fungul version of fin rot as the infected area is white around the tips.
    After looking at a few products I picked up a product called Fungus Eliminator -clears serious funus & bacteria fast, so stated.
    On the back reads:
    Clears cotton fungus, red sores, gray skin, fish bloat, "fin and mouth rot", white flim on eyes, red streaks on fins and swim bladder disease.
    Sounded alright and worth a shot.
    The active ingredients are : sodium cloride, nitrofurazone, furaolidone, potassium dichromate.

So I followed the directions to the tea and the only thing I couldn't do was remove the carbon from the filter since I have a bio wheel and another per packaged filter.

The water is a very green yellow and when I mean green yellow I mean like it looks like a halloween tank. :crazy:

I should have asked a head of time but I foolishly just went to the store. Has anyone else used this product before and had similar results with water and good results with fish?

2. a1wonder

a1wonder Member

I've been doing alot of searching on google and this is the only product review I actually found and it's leaves me a bit distrubed

I have cories in that tank as well are any of the active ingredients that I mentioned perviously going to cause harm?