Anyone Else Use Fungus Eliminator Before?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

a1wonder

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello I just noticed a couple of my fish had come down with a bit of fin rot I tryed using melafex for a week and the situation got better on a few and worse on others.
So I took a trip down to walmart and took a look at what they had. Not a heck of alot of selection but their cost is 50% less than any of the LFS I belive the fish have a fungul version of fin rot as the infected area is white around the tips.
After looking at a few products I picked up a product called Fungus Eliminator -clears serious funus & bacteria fast, so stated.
On the back reads:
Clears cotton fungus, red sores, gray skin, fish bloat, "fin and mouth rot", white flim on eyes, red streaks on fins and swim bladder disease.
Sounded alright and worth a shot.
The active ingredients are : sodium cloride, nitrofurazone, furaolidone, potassium dichromate.

So I followed the directions to the tea and the only thing I couldn't do was remove the carbon from the filter since I have a bio wheel and another per packaged filter.

The water is a very green yellow and when I mean green yellow I mean like it looks like a halloween tank. :crazy:

I should have asked a head of time but I foolishly just went to the store. Has anyone else used this product before and had similar results with water and good results with fish?

I've been doing alot of searching on google and this is the only product review I actually found and it's leaves me a bit distrubed

Goldfish Supporter
Posted: 4/18/02 11:59 pm
Re: White fuzzy substance on fins
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I'm having the same problem. THe Melafix didnt work so I used the Jungle fungus stuff. It completely wrecked my whole tank cycle so *definitely* do not use it! I think I'm going to use the blue method too.
~ Jenny~ and my babies • Right? • Meeko • Buck •

I have cories in that tank as well are any of the active ingredients that I mentioned perviously going to cause harm?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back