Any other Imbellis keepers??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rtessy

Reaction score
Anyone else have some imbellis out there? I'd like to talk about what you guys have found makes them the happiest, just to see if I can improve my set up.

I had them in a single species tank with lots of plants. There were about 10 of them in the tank and they were fed several times a day with a variety of food. We did weekly water changes and they lived happily ever after.

I had them in a single species tank with lots of plants. There were about 10 of them in the tank and they were fed several times a day with a variety of food. We did weekly water changes and they lived happily ever after.
Nice, what size tank? What was the sex ratio?

tank was 30 inches long x 12 inches wide by 15 inches high.

I know I had 2 males that use to show off to each other but there might have been subordinate males that didn't colour up. It was back in the early 90s so having a few issues recalling exactly how many males. But I just got in 10 for myself and stuck them in the tank. 2 males use to show off all the time and the others never did much.

Whats you PH like, some of the wild type Bettas are not as tolerant as the b Splendens.

Whats you PH like, some of the wild type Bettas are not as tolerant as the b Splendens.
Me? I already have some and since I have ~30 little babies that are almost 2 months, I'd say they're doing fine! :D
I don't check my pH too regularly, out of the tap it's 6.4-6.6, kH 0, gH 3, TDS 30-40
Oh but I added IAL's and other stuff, and since I've only done one water change, pH is probably in the 5's

tank was 30 inches long x 12 inches wide by 15 inches high.

I know I had 2 males that use to show off to each other but there might have been subordinate males that didn't colour up. It was back in the early 90s so having a few issues recalling exactly how many males. But I just got in 10 for myself and stuck them in the tank. 2 males use to show off all the time and the others never did much.
Also, this is very interesting to hear about! I didn't know that number could be housed in that sized tank. I've been debating how many to add to a 30×12×12 tank, and I've been thinking 1-2 males, 3-5 females. Would you have any recommendations? And do you happen to know what kind of decor you had? Sorry for all the questions, lol

The tank had a thin layer of brown gravel on the bottom, an air operated sponge filter in the corner and a heap of plants.

The fish were fine with each other and even tho the 2 males use to show of they never harmed each other or any of the others. You should be able to easily have 6-10 adults in the 30inch tank.

Most reactions

trending

Back