Anubis?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

KayBray

Reaction score
I bought a large Anubis plant from Petco the other day. I already have a baby Anubis. There were two separate plants -- one that looks like Anubis and the other looks completely different. Are they both a type of Anubis or did I get two different species?

Attachments

• IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 332
  • IMG_2444.JPG
    IMG_2444.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 317
I'm not sure about the first photo but the second is definitely an anubias.

Is it just the way it looks in the photo or is the plant in the second photo planted in the gravel? Anubias are better grown attached to something as the rhizome rots if buried.

You are correct, they are in the substrate. I am waiting for new artificial driftwood that Will arrive on sunday and was planning on using fishing line or thread to attach them. I just removed real driftwood from the tank that I had for about a year but it was huge and took up too much space. But I didn't want to tie the other one that looks so different unless it really was anubias

This is what I am waiting for.

Attachments

• IMG_2448.PNG
    IMG_2448.PNG
    149.2 KB · Views: 272
I would leave the plants floating until the new decor arrives.

Thank you! I will take them out of the substrate. But what about the first picture?? It came with the Anubias and it looks so different.

The first photo looks like an Anubias gracilis.

A little more information and pics for you to compare to see if you can confirm if this is the same plant as in your tank / photo.
Again, if this is indeed the same plant, they do not grow so well with roots submerged in substrate, and is a low demanding plant as most anubias are. Hope that helps.

Anubias gracilis

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back