Anubis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Aqua Tom

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Whats the best way to attach anubis to my mopani & bogwood? i have heard talk of superglue but I cant see how that wont kill the plant?

It doesn't and it's safe to use, if you use the right kind. I've never used it though, I use good ol'fashioned fishing line. The finest test is good to use.

llj

Ok, so now I am fascinated. So it is possible to just put a dollop of superglue onto my wood & glue the Anubis's rooty bits to it?

Superglue is fine, after all reefers use it for Corals and they care about there water. I have used it for all my rhizome plants. Ensure the wood, rock etc is dry and put a little blob on the rhizome and set it where you like. It'll take about 30 secs to cure. Then it's safe to go straight in the tank.

From an ex reefer :lol:
Dont just buy ordinary superglue, it's better to buy the Gel variety and make sure it's got cyanoacrylate in it, if not don't buy it, check the label before purchasing
Regards
Bigc

Does anyone know a good way of removing an anubias possibly one which has established itself on a piece of wood?

Superglue is fine, after all reefers use it for Corals and they care about there water. I have used it for all my rhizome plants. Ensure the wood, rock etc is dry and put a little blob on the rhizome and set it where you like. It'll take about 30 secs to cure. Then it's safe to go straight in the tank.

Great. Err the rhizome is the rooty bit is it?

The rhizome is small bulk of plant in which roots shoot out from, the green part in which the stem of leaves attach to. One of my anubias is sitting on top of a coconut shell which has barely any roots but is growing at a reasonable rate. My other anubias is glued to a small rock just so I can weigh the rhizome down but easily keep it above the gravel, it's roots are so long they have already buried to the bottom of the tank into the nutrient rich substrate.

Anubias dry fast in room temperature from my experience and it makes them very easy to glue to surfaces, in fact dab it with paper towels and it will be doable from there.

From an ex reefer :lol:
Dont just buy ordinary superglue, it's better to buy the Gel variety and make sure it's got cyanoacrylate in it, if not don't buy it, check the label before purchasing
Regards
Bigc

specifically make sure it ONLY has cyanoacrylate in it.

Most reactions

Back