Anubias In Sand?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

catfishblues

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So i have heard the anubias plant thrives better attached to a log rather than in sand. I have a small anubias on a log and a big anubias in sand. The one on the log is doing better. I like them in sand though too. What should i do? Attach them to a log, or are they fine in sand? Thanks

They can be planted in the sand however they need to be pulled up slightly so the rhizome is above the substrate. They do better attached to something though vs being planted in the substrate.

Just attach it to a small stone and push the sand up against it, will give the effect you want

mine do fine on sand. I tie a small stone under the rhizome and the bury it under the sand leaving the rhizome above the sand. Last time I uprooted my tank the anubias had massive root systems in the sand/cat litter substrate* I use.

* 50/50 argos play sand and sophisticat pink (well rinsed) capped with a litte extra sand.

I am wondering the same thing... What is the rhizome? Is that it's roots? I recently got an anubias plant and it's tiny and floats to the surface... I have a sand substrate...

I am wondering the same thing... What is the rhizome? Is that it's roots? I recently got an anubias plant and it's tiny and floats to the surface... I have a sand substrate...

Capture.JPG The rhizome is red ,the roots are blue
good.gif

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back