Anubias and Java Fern holes in leaves?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jafred

Reaction score
Wondering if you guys can help identify problems with my planted tank. Completely low tech, plants have always done well and Anubias even flowers occasionally. I have never dosed anything however my stocking level is probably about half what it used to be so maybe thats it?

Pic of anubias
IMG20170123151938.jpg

and this one poor leaf

IMG20170123152024.jpg

And the java fern (worth noting the fern is relatively new to the tank 2-3 months. Holes started a month ago and one leaf has fully died)

gfg.PNG

Other than these issue the plants are growing well still shooting up new leaves and root systems are growing very well. This is the root system of a 5 month old cutting of the anubia which is doing great and only one leaf has holes
dsasadsda.PNG

Holes in leaves are typically a sign of nutritional deficiency. It is difficult to impossible to determine which metal you aquarium is lacking without detailed testing. I all likelihood nutrients are being removed from the old leaves to support the new growth. The best way to address this is to fertilize the water with a fertilizer that has all the nutrients plants need. A Very good one SeaChem Flourish comprehensive.

Be sure it says "Flourish Comprehensive". Seachem makes a number of flourish products.

My vote is K

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back