The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shankygrl

Reaction score
what i have now
2 otos
1 dwarf puffer
2 guppies (the female is going to have fry.. just can't control them -_- )
1 female platy (which had fry that i'm trying to give away.. or should i keep a few?)

planning on getting
1 or 2 dwarf frogs (to control the fish pop. if the platy or guppy has anymore fry)
13 red cherry shrimps (which i can move to a 5 gallon.. but i don't have a heater for it so don't want to move the fish there until it gets warmer here)

will the dwarf frog and the shrimp compete for food since they're both bottom feeders?

so what i really want to have in my 10 gallon..
2 otos
1 dwarf puffer
2 or 3 guppies (two male ones or two female and one male)
2 or 3 platies (two same gender or two female and one male)
5 red cherry shrimps
1 or 2 dwarf frogs

or is that too much?

thanks for any comments

what i have now
2 otos
1 dwarf puffer
2 guppies (the female is going to have fry.. just can't control them -_- )
1 female platy (which had fry that i'm trying to give away.. or should i keep a few?)

planning on getting
1 or 2 dwarf frogs (to control the fish pop. if the platy or guppy has anymore fry)
13 red cherry shrimps (which i can move to a 5 gallon.. but i don't have a heater for it so don't want to move the fish there until it gets warmer here)

will the dwarf frog and the shrimp compete for food since they're both bottom feeders?

so what i really want to have in my 10 gallon..
2 otos
1 dwarf puffer
2 or 3 guppies (two male ones or two female and one male)
2 or 3 platies (two same gender or two female and one male)
5 red cherry shrimps
1 or 2 dwarf frogs

or is that too much?

thanks for any comments

Hi,
You will have problems with the DP they can be very aggresive and will shred the fins of the guppies. The overall stocking is a bit high, you would need to be ontop of water changes etc. You could over filter that would help

the dp seems fine in there right now.. i'll just be keeping an eye on him to see if he does nip.. i just have the one and i heard that if he has enough room in the tank he'll ignore the guppies

Most reactions

Back