What's new

Angels Currently Spawning!

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

FroFro

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
I had the chance to observe my angels cleaning a leaf and knew it would soon be time. I'm currently uploading the videos to a youtube account, I'll update with links/photos soon!

I'm super excited and I hope to hand raise the fry, any advice on egg care while I wait for this dumb video to upload?

Update: Actual egg laying
watch

Last edited:
Let the parents look after the fry. The is clear evidence that fry raised by their parents are much better parents when they eventually breed. Whereas fry that are reared without their parents are nowhere near as likely to look after eggs or young.

Let the parents look after the fry. The is clear evidence that fry raised by their parents are much better parents when they eventually breed. Whereas fry that are reared without their parents are nowhere near as likely to look after eggs or young.
The only way to allow them to look after the fry is to let them be in the ten gallon I plan to raise the fry in until they are large enough to go in another tank. Two full grown angels and 20+ fry in a ten gallon tank is asking for trouble. If I leave them in the main tank they will get eaten by the numerous bottom feeders you must've seen in the video. The only way for the parents to protect the eggs is if I keep lights on for days at a time and allow no sleep to any fish, which I won't do.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back