Angels Almighty!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Schmellman!

Reaction score
Very new to this hobby, having a go with the chiclid angelfish and wondering about tankmates or general information. The tank is 60gal and I have 5 angels. They are all very small right now but I realize this tank may not house them as they grow. Is it normal for them to be "piggies"?
Also, I'm in Canada and not sure what the "If" is everyone is referring to?
Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum if I haven't said that to you yet :)

If you visit your local petshop and have a look at the fish, you can make a list of fishes you like and post it on here. Then we can then say yes or no regarding them being compatible with angelfish. It also helps if you can post the pH and GH (general hardness) of your water :)

Angelfish are a type of cichlid (pronounced sick-lid). Other cichlids include Discus, blue or gold Rams (Ramirezi dwarf cichlid) and various Apistogramma species like Apistogramma cacatuoides. The rams and A. cacatuoides can be kept with angelfish and tend to hang out near the bottom, whereas the angelfish will swim about in the middle of the tank.

Fish are opportunistic feeders and will eat any time food is offered. It is good for young fish to be fed well so they can grow, but when they are adults and full grown you can reduce their feeding.

I am not sure where you read "lf" but it might be LFS, local fish shop (aka local pet shop or aquarium store)

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back