JoKeR

Pocket Full Of Fish
Reaction score
Common Name: Angelfish

Scientific Name: Pterophyllum scalare

Family: Cichlidae

Origin: South America

Maximum Size: 5-8 Inches in captivity

Care: This fish is generally peaceful, but will get aggresive in spawning. These fish are one of the most popular tropical fish out there. With there beautiful triangle shape and long lace ventrals, no one can resist bringing these guys home. These fish come in many variables including Gold, Albino , and black. This fish are starting to be one of the most popular fish in the world.

Feeding: This fish will be alright with flakes, but they do prefer live or frozen foods. My angels LOVE bloodworms and earthworms.

Sexing: Sexing this fish is impossible, exept when breeding.

Breeding: This fish is a cichlid, and like many of them, once a pair is formed they will be strongly bonded to each other. They will lay eggs on a leaf, mostly Amazons, but they will mostly put them on the corner of the tank. The parents will protect there eggs and fry from the other fish. They are some cases were the parents will even kill fishes 4 times there sizes just to protect their babies.

post-22-1072133037.jpg

Thanks to angel_lover for his beatiful angel picture

My pair spawned again, and since there aren't any pictures here on how a spawn looks like, here's some. sorry for the bad quality, havent got a really good camera.

DSCF0312.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0292.jpg

DSCF0294.jpg

And here's some update on the batch that i posted above some time ago.

DSCF0306.jpg

My breeding pair. The one on the left is male and the one in the center is female. The one on the right (in the backgroud) is another Angel in tank.
They spawned about 3 weeks ago. Unfortunately non of the fries survived. This was my first time. Hopefully I will have better luck next time. Also I will get some expert help on this forum.
IMGP4600.jpg

here are my current angels:

Blue Koi female
rosey5.jpg

rosey6.jpg

Silver Domestic male
marty2.jpg

Black Lace Clown Veil female
blacky2.jpg

-----------

these are some of the angels i've had in the past:

Gold SuperVeil