Angelfish hasnt grown?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Cocoa19

Reaction score
Hey guys! So I have 8 Angelfish 2 Longfin and 6 Shortfin, i bought all mine in twos including my Longfins i bought them both together. Ive had them for quite a few months now, when i got my Angels they were all roughly the same size but ive noticed Stitch (Lilo and Stitch are my Longfins) and does not grow! I watch him at feeding gets plenty of food, the others dont pick on him but why is he not growing? Photo attached is Stitch next to my biggest Angel Lace, all others are just smaller then Lace.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180213-180151.png
    Screenshot_20180213-180151.png
    762.1 KB · Views: 210
Hey guys! So I have 8 Angelfish 2 Longfin and 6 Shortfin, i bought all mine in twos including my Longfins i bought them both together. Ive had them for quite a few months now, when i got my Angels they were all roughly the same size but ive noticed Stitch (Lilo and Stitch are my Longfins) and does not grow! I watch him at feeding gets plenty of food, the others dont pick on him but why is he not growing? Photo attached is Stitch next to my biggest Angel Lace, all others are just smaller then Lace.
What is the size of your tank? It's not uncommon for fish to have stunted growth when they are in an unsuitably sized tank.

Angels do grow at different rates. They also don't like nitrates. Are you doing enough water changes? You should also be aware that mature angels can be quite aggressive (to each other). IMO 8 in your tank is asking for trouble.

Yep, fry grow best with a lot of fresh water and high quality food fed often. If growth is stunted when they're fry, they may never each full size. On the other hand, I have some swordtail fry and some have grown really large and fast while a couple are very stunted - same food and same tank conditions. Go figure.

people are all different shapes and sizes....some are tall, some are short, some are fat, some are skinny, some grow quickly, some grow slowly, etc etc

every human is different, and every fish is different....don't force nature, just enjoy it

Angels do grow at different rates. They also don't like nitrates. Are you doing enough water changes? You should also be aware that mature angels can be quite aggressive (to each other). IMO 8 in your tank is asking for trouble.
I have 8 together until theyre big enough to sex the separating to pairs, they only I aggressive at breeding, and i do water changes twice a week i have 24 tanks i make sure all are up to standard

Yep, fry grow best with a lot of fresh water and high quality food fed often. If growth is stunted when they're fry, they may never each full size. On the other hand, I have some swordtail fry and some have grown really large and fast while a couple are very stunted - same food and same tank conditions. Go figure.
I had that problem when breeding Platy and Molly! Its hard buying from pet stores cause you dont know what their food quality was like from the original breeder -.- but all mine fed the same and everything hes just the only 1 not growing, it can come down to the genes as well but i was seeing other opinions :)

people are all different shapes and sizes....some are tall, some are short, some are fat, some are skinny, some grow quickly, some grow slowly, etc etc

every human is different, and every fish is different....don't force nature, just enjoy it
That is so true! Yeah i was just seeing 2nd opinions im not overly concerned at this stage :) hes healthy otherwise

Most reactions

Back