Angelfish Dying?

mattpage

Reaction score
I bought my angel about 2-3 weeks ago, in the hope that it would pair with an angel I have already got.

Everything was fine, and it looked like they had paired up. Recently the one has been looking unwell.
All the water conditions are normal, I have been doing water changes every week.

Today the angel is still alive, but floating on the surface, still breathing fins still moving.

I'm not sure what the best step to take, I would rather kill it than let it suffer.

Is there anything I can do to save it? What would everyone else do?

personaly i would put it out of its missery because it sounds like that it is to far gone to be saved!! sry :(

Every now and again he seems to swim about, although its quite laboured.

I've noticed that his fins (the two long ones beneath the body) have become shorter. I don't know if this means anything?
He is showing no signs of illness other than in the way its swimming.

If its not better by this evening I will put it out of its misery.

I never kill fish.... I've had some fish I thought were dead for sure pull through, so I never do it...

could be getting nipped if its ventrals are becoming shorter

I decided not to leave the fish for a while yesterday, as it was still moving about.
But I came downstairs this morning and find bolt my angels are now ill.
One is lying upside down on the bottom, another is sideways on the top.

It appears that they have both got Chilodonella. Or at least they have all the symptoms.
I'd not heard of this before just doing some research now.

It looks like they have gone too far to treat, so I did what I felt was best and ended thier suffering.

Could it be that only my angelfish were infected? No other fish are showing any symptoms.
Should I treat the rest of the tank? If so with what?

hello people....

HELP PLEEZE

i have had my tank for 4 weeks and is fully cycled with all water parameters very good ph 6.8 ammonia 0 nitrIte 0 and nitrAte 0 hardness is between 6-10 and temp is a constant 26 degrees. good aeration and fluval filter and is wayyyyyyy understocked

i bought my pearlscale angel (has - well had blue electric flecks on its fins) and it died - was ok at first but then started not to eat it only lasted 6 days poor thing

is my tank not mature enough for angels ???????????? as i only want to keep angels (at the moment anyhow)

my common pleco in there which is 6 inch long is doing great (i call it dino LOL) or was my angel stressed ???

and info would be great please - thankx

Rob W,
You should really post a new thread for this. Highjacking another thread (suddenly changing the topic of an established thread) is not very polite.

Anyway, you seem to be doing things right. Your water looks right even though the tank is only 4 weeks old. You may have had a weak fish. Personally I'd try again, making sure that you acclimatise the fish slowly. If it dies again then there's another problem.

Don't give up, sometimes fish just die. They go through hell at the lfs and it can be the undoing of them.

WK

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back