Angelfish Aggression

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gooner

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Why after six months would my two largest Angelfish start scrapping? I am pretty sure it is aggression and not some kind of mating ritual as they do side swipe each other and the top fin stands erect with vigorous head shaking. There is also some mouth locking with damage to one of their lips.

Nothing has changed within the last six months (except water :p ). There has been no aggression from any fish in the tank except when two Opaline Gourami`s were introduced and susequently removed about six weeks ago.

Has anyone had the same issues, if so, what was the outcome?

Current Stocking...........

75g....................
3 x Angels
2 x Keyhole Cichlids
2 x Pearl Gourami`s
2 x Red Rams
6 x Agassi Cory`s
1 x Flying Fox
1 x L137 Blue eyed Red Fin Pleco (Rusty)
1 x L104 Clown Plec

Filtration...............
Eheim Professional 2224 (External)
AquaOne Aquis 1200 (External)

Regards,

Gooner (Gary)

we got our two angles at the size of a 20p and they were fine until they got bigger and now one is more dominant than the other. Nothing major to worrie about the most damage has been a few split fins. Your tank is big enough so once they've decided a pecking order it will probibly die down as the bullied ones will avoid the bullies

we got our two angles at the size of a 20p and they were fine until they got bigger and now one is more dominant than the other. Nothing major to worrie about the most damage has been a few split fins. Your tank is big enough so once they've decided a pecking order it will probibly die down as the bullied ones will avoid the bullies
I adopted someone else's angels as they were in a small tank alone and constantly fighting. I got 2 more angels a month later who were also fighting. All 4 get on well with no serious bullying or injury -fingers crossed!They've calmed down a lot now in a larger 3ft planted communnity tank with livebearers and the larger rarely bullies the others.

Most reactions

Back