Angelfish Aggression

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

stevey87

Reaction score
I bought two silver angelfish yesterday and one of the ones I picked seemed to nip on every other angel in the tank so I picked that one thinking it must be healthy. Anyways today I noticed him nipping fins of every fish in sight. Do you think increasing the # of angelfish will kill this habit? How about adding more plants and woods?

Its probably a male being territorial. What size tank is it? What is in the tank? How long has it been set up?

It's 29 gallon and I have gouramis, cardinals, corys. I'm thinking of upgrading because my tank is 30 x 12 and the stand is 36 x 18 which can fit up to 65 gallons with 36 x 18 bottom but then i spent sht load of money on 30 inch double campact lighting, 70 aqua clear HOB. I'm so torn on what to do. I really really want to upgrade but then all the crap I put money on is not going anywhere. Also the 150w stealth heater will also have to be replaced. I thought about no top for 65 gal and use those hangers from the coralife (same company for lighting) for the lighitng fixtures because I think those hangers can extend the 30 to 36 to fit on top but then once again the wat per gallon won't be enough for my soon to be heavily planted tank. WHAT SHOULD I DO???

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back