Angel Fish Not Moving

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

vfg10

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi all
I have 2 angel fish in a 30 gallon tank and since I added 2 more black skirt tetras. total 6, and 4 neons well 1 died so only 3 :sad: the angel fish are not really moving they just stay there and before they moved from one side to the other

any ideas on what I can do to? one angel is really fat I dont now is that has something to do maybe she wants to lay eggs and she cant

I don't now

thats why I'm asking you guys

thanks for the help

You need to test your water parameters first, to see if they are in order. If you don't have a test kit, then take a sample to your LFS and they will be able to test it for you.

I would do a big (ie. 40-50%) water change anyway.

If in doubt ...... do a water change !!

It's doubtful that a couple more tetras has affected anything hugely.

thanks for the reply
I don't know the stats but all do a water change tomorrow any other advice ??

thanks for the reply
I don't know the stats but all do a water change tomorrow any other advice ??

Yes, starve your fish for a couple of days. It will do no harm. As you say that one of your angels is "fat" is is quite possible that he/she is bloated and constipated. What are you feeding these guys on ?

They could just be sulking because you've added more fish. All my cichlids do this from time to time, often whern i do a water change, or add new fish, or rearrange their decor. I think they just become slightly reclusive when things change sometimes untill they feel safe again and resume their normal behaviour.

I'd advise doing what hamsfist suggested. If it is a case of a constipated angel then leave off the food for a bit. Fish can go for 2 weeks without food without suffering consequences, probably longer than 2 weeks. See how they go after a few days without food, and get your water tested for peace of mind!

hi
well she is like floating but in the high part of the tank, she is not gasping for air
she moved more before and the other fish looks like they are ok

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back