Angel Fish Male Or Female

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

craigsfish

Reaction score
Hi I have 4 Angel fish 3 are adults I was hoping use could help me tell what sex they are. I a golden Angel. Black marble Angel and a Mau. Hear are some pictures if more need uploaded to identify the sex that be fine hope someone can help me . Thank you

Hi Craig, you can upload the pictures to photobucket and share them here, it sometimes works better with larger files if you are unable to resize them as this site has a size limit.

Wills

Hi I have 4 Angel fish 3 are adults I was hoping use could help me tell what sex they are. I a golden Angel. Black marble Angel and a Mau. Hear are some pictures if more need uploaded to identify the sex that be fine hope someone can help me . Thank you
Hi Craig, can’t see the pictures, but it is really difficult to sex Angel Fish. There are some subtle clues. The Males tend to have a bit of a high crown on its head, whereas the female has more of a streamline curve and be rounded. I have also noticed in my pair that the Male has longer and more narrow fins and the remain has shorter, but broader fins. You might also look at them swimming towards you, the Male will be narrower and the female will have a broader belly. Another obvious one (But only in breeding pairs) is underneath behind their “feeler” fins, you may see tube protruding from their bellies, the males will look like the tip of a pencil and the females will be rounder

The OP is unlikely to respond as this thread was started in 2014.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back