FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
thanks FHM todays readings are
my tank
ammonia: .25-.50ppm
nitrItes: 1ppm
nitrAtes: 10ppm
partners tank
ammonia: .25-.50ppm(due to dead black neon :rip: )
nitrItes: 0-.25ppm(a touch off 0ppm)
nitrAtes:20-40ppm

hi guys i brought a JT JHW-302 canister filter yesterday it pump 1000 litres an hour :grr: its the bomb, and only $100au from the shop, $79.53us, or $48.86pounds, so yeah really cheap from the same place i can pick up an fluval fx5 for under $500au, anyhoo the results are
ammonia: .50ppm
nitrItes: 1ppm
nitrAtes: 20ppm
:yahoo:

Great news! I'm still fishless sycling at the mo killing time and reading 13 page topics! :lol:

And i'm no longer a newbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahey I can post with authority! :hyper:

Great news! I'm still fishless sycling at the mo killing time and reading 13 page topics! :lol:

And i'm no longer a newbie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahey I can post with authority! :hyper:
:rofl: nice work, are your eyes square after reading all that :lol:

what fish you geting

:rofl: nice work, are your eyes square after reading all that :lol:

what fish you geting
Dogson, does this mean you understand rewlyn's thread? :lol:

Hey Rewlyn, Waterdrop!
I didn't say I understood it just read it :lol:
I'm really unsure what fish to get to be honest. I'm not after a predatory tank or any fin nippers but I would like some kind of invertebrate in there as a bit of a show piece but not sure yet. I'd like some small cats not Plecs or suckermouths maybe some cory's who knows. although if my attraction for a cobalt lobster grows anymore then I may have to withdraw from the bottom dwellers?
I started fishless cycling my tank on saturday. and on monday night I introduces a used biorb filter ring in my tank and thing are going really well. I'm down to 1.8 ammonia and around 20 for Nitrate so things appear to be moving really quickly with the tank. I hope so anyway I have a minor operation in 11 days time that gives me that week off so hoping to use the free time shopping for Fish! any suggestions for tank mates are welcome :thanks:

Nice fish we have a couple in our office fish tank. I have a planted biorb and the Guppies in there trash the plants are mollies plant munchers too? in saying that I have about 10 fortnight old guppy fry that are doing well so may have to home them in the new tank :eek: just need to source some hardier and leafier plants I think

Nice fish we have a couple in our office fish tank. I have a planted biorb and the Guppies in there trash the plants are mollies plant munchers too? in saying that I have about 10 fortnight old guppy fry that are doing well so may have to home them in the new tank :eek: just need to source some hardier and leafier plants I think
not sure ive got silk plants

well peeps i think this thread is over cause my latest readings are
ammonia: 0ppm
nitrItes: 0ppm
nitrAtes: 10ppm
:yahoo:
im cycled :yahoo:

no more w/c's,except for my weekly small w/c :lol:

HELP!! Bought a tank and set it up,did everything we were told, added 4 hardy fish 2 weeks in, all okay. 3 months down the line can't get ammonia level better than 1.00 despite constant water changes very little feeding etc etc. Why on earth isn't it going down? About to give up.

HELP!! Bought a tank and set it up,did everything we were told, added 4 hardy fish 2 weeks in, all okay. 3 months down the line can't get ammonia level better than 1.00 despite constant water changes very little feeding etc etc. Why on earth isn't it going down? About to give up.
Is your filter clogged?

Good job on the cycling!

Glad to see it all worked out!

-FHM

Hi GeorgieP, Fire up a new topic thread for yourself using the "new topic" button in the upper right above the other threads and then more members will see your question. Its possible you have too large a fish load for your size filter. --wd--

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back