Amazon Swords

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

darknirvana217

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have always liked the amazon swords but have never had any luck with them. I have T5 plant lights and use Seachem's Flourish. I didn't think they really required CO2, but I could be wrong. Does anyone have any tips on how to keep them green and healthy.

are you using a Rich substrate?
if not consider adding Root tabs

amazon swords are very heavy root feeders, they will benefit either from a nutrient rich plant substrate or the addition of root tabs

I use a product called eco-complete as my substrate, I thought it would be enough, but I'll try the root tabs. My T-5s I believe are 24W.

if you're using eco complete they should be ok. are you dosing co2?

They have always been completely submerged, and i haven't been dosing in CO2. Do they really need CO2, or can they get by without?

you haven't mentioned how many t-5's or your aquarium size, are they getting enough light?

amazon swords will grow in low light, so that shouldnt be an issue

I have a 120 gallon tank. The lights are coralife with double T-5 bulbs. The tank is 60 inches long so i use two 30 inch light systems.

How long have you had them for? I sometimes find they take a while to settle in. For most varieties light isn't an issue.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back