Amazon Biotope

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Questions?

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Anyone got any ideas on how to make an amzon biotope for a 5 gallon aquarium with 5 pygmy cories? right now it is sand substrate, with a little peice of driftwood, one smooth rock, and one fake plant, so is there anyone gras plants that are easy to care for, or something else i could add to make it more natural?

Amazon sword is from there chinodorus genus, e.g. Echinodorus paniculatu (Amazon sword), Echinodorus tenellus (Dwarf sword plant) and Echinodorus amazonicus. Eleocharis acicularis, are more
look atthis link :good:

5 gallons is a little too small for a 5 gallon. They need a minimum of 10 gallons.

Haha, 5 gallons is too small for 5 gallons? What does that mean?
Amazon Swords, Pygmy/Narrow Leaf/Broad Leaf Chain Swords, Micro Swords, and tons of others come from the area. Vallesneria and Aquatic hornwort do too, if I recall correctly. None of these should be very demanding.

Whoops, I meant to say 5 gallons is too small for 5 pygmies! :blush:
They need a minimum of 10. :good:

they are all less then an inch and very happy, but also are any of these plants small?

micro swords are :good: iv got some spare as well (i think) i'll have to check if there still alive. there in a half dismantled tank at the moment and have been there for a few weeks :crazy: if you want to buy them? :p im not sure if there true Amazon i'll check

there from south america i think

sorry i can;t buy them, but do you know if they are common in stores? i am low on funds right now

+1 on the micro swords! :good:

5 pygmies should be fine. They max at an inch.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back