Already Stocked Tank To Planted Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MegaZerino

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is it possible for me to turn my 65litre (15 gallon) tank containing 1 betta (siamese fighting fish), 1 red dwarf gourami, and 1 otto, into a planted aquarium without removing them and putting them into a seperate tank for an extended period of time??

Please help!!!

Sure is.
How much light is over the 65litre tank?
You can quickly change the appearance of the tank by adding Anubias and Java fern to pieces of wood or rock, which you then place in the aquarium.
Different types of aquatic moss are an option too.
Java moss
Spiky moss
Willow moss
Weeping moss etc

Sure is.
How much light is over the 65litre tank?
You can quickly change the appearance of the tank by adding Anubias and Java fern to pieces of wood or rock, which you then place in the aquarium.
Different types of aquatic moss are an option too.
Java moss
Spiky moss
Willow moss
Weeping moss etc

the tank is currently getting a total of 24 watts, but i havent upgraded the lighting yet, do i need to or could i just have the lights on for a longer time in the day. and i was planing on going with Dwarf Sagittaria as a carpet plant for my betta to hide in, some Anacharis, hornwort and java fern, and then also maybe a Cryptocoryne wendtii, i will probably end up putting some java moss in there somewhere, but im not sure about what tall plants to put in the back area.

Most reactions

Back