Already Stocked Tank To Planted Tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MegaZerino

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is it possible for me to turn my 65litre (15 gallon) tank containing 1 betta (siamese fighting fish), 1 red dwarf gourami, and 1 otto, into a planted aquarium without removing them and putting them into a seperate tank for an extended period of time??

Please help!!!

Welcome to the forum. :)

Does your Betta get along with the Gourami? :blink:

No reason you can't plant it up whilst the fish are still in it. :good:

I only got the betta yesterday so she's been in there for about 30 hours, i was worried at first because all over the internet people have said never to mix gouramis and bettas, but apart from erlier today where the gourami chassed the betta up and down the tank for a couple of minutes, they havent really bothered eachother. and great thanks for the help. i will hopefully get the plants and substrate next weekend along with another female betta and a couple more ottos

I wouldn't put another female betta in there myself, just asking for trouble in my opinion. Sorioties need at least 5 in a larger tank seems to be the guideline from the more experienced betta keepers, that and the fact the gourami is in there too might just make it too risky.

Otos are best kept in groups of 5 or more so I'm sure your current one will appreciate the company (and the plants)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back