Algae problems On new system

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

james.dyer13

Reaction score
I've had the system set up for about 3 weeks this has only just come along could anyone tell me what it is?
a30363b1368513900a0f7b622bf8793a.jpg
d9af413d40464619de2c7accc71697c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

It looks like green hair algae to me. It can form when you CO2 levels drop or they are not constant. If you don't have CO2 in you tank, the plant that you got probably had some on it and it grew from there. To get rid of it you can either pull it off or get some Amano shrimp, they usually do the job.

shrimp or an otocinculus catfish are my recommendations, you could also remove it yourself, but that’s pretty hard, let alone time consuming.

I do not recommend adding critters to " cure " tank problems, The best way to deal with these things is the old fashioned way, find out what caused the problem and fix it.

You need to give us way more information.
Is the tank cycled
What sort of filter have you got
What is the water temp.
What chemicals do you use including fertilizer.
What sort of lighting do you have
How long are the lights on

The more info you give us the better we can help you

It's a new system it's been set up for about a month I've got pressured co2. A new canister filter, the lights are on for 6 hours I'm using flourite excel. And flourish iron dosing once a week. I've got shrimp in my old tank I'm going to add them tonight
d06d72fe827cbfd77b53482dc06de6c1.jpg

It's a new system it's been set up for about a month I've got pressured co2. A new canister filter, the lights are on for 6 hours I'm using flourite excel. And flourish iron dosing once a week. I've got shrimp in my old tank I'm going to add them tonight
d06d72fe827cbfd77b53482dc06de6c1.jpg

0c5b865aa4e90cbb16713e148985ef72.jpg

I believe adding animals is the natural way, and that there is not anything wrong with it, especially since the tank doesn’t have any fish from what I can see, algae can be caused by many things though, so you need to find out what is causing it.

I believe adding animals is the natural way,
And that belief would be wrong also.

and how would that be wrong, the pro and shrimp eat this in their natural habitat, and with an empty tank, they would help, but with that much algae you would probably want to clean it manually.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back