Algae Has Hit! New Pics Added 25/04

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Ok, thanks for the comments and I am following JamesC's EI dosing guide at the moment. So it sounds like the best plan of action is to remove as much algae as possible and buy a fair bit more Egeria and other stems. And yes it is a new/old tank, i had it running for about a year before but then completely changed everything.

Hi

Dosing EI, 30ppm CO2 and high light.... GET THEM STEMS IN! I bought loads form eBay, they cost next to nothing and all I do every couple of weeks is cut the stems halfway down, replant the tops and ditch the rest. Once my algae problems are sorted I will slowly remove the fast growers replacing them with my plants of choice

HTH

Hi

Dosing EI, 30ppm CO2 and high light.... GET THEM STEMS IN! I bought loads form eBay, they cost next to nothing and all I do every couple of weeks is cut the stems halfway down, replant the tops and ditch the rest. Once my algae problems are sorted I will slowly remove the fast growers replacing them with my plants of choice

HTH

No need to ditch the bottom halves. They grow back, just more branchy and the stems are a bit thinner, but with EI and CO2, I've noticed no diminished growth, and you'll then have double the plants to work with.

llj

Most reactions

Back