Albino Rainbow Sharks & Rainbow Sharks

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fish-gambler

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

Any1 know if i can keep 1 albinao shark and one rainbow shark in the same tank wthout them fighting?

OK, I see some people say a gallon is 3l while others say 4.5l - I'm a metric man! Which is the truth?

Regards

I keep an albino rainbow and a rainbow together in my 55 gallon. they get along fine, but all fish have different personalities and may not be the case for others. I also have many places for them all to hide.

I have a ornamental shipwreck (plastic) in the tank and these guys love it. I'll be adding loads of plants to my tank as well as a home built cave.

Thanks

I was wrong. as they grew into adolesence their little fishy testosterone kicked in and the smaller rainbow killed the larger albino. i won't make that mistake again.

Tanked said:
I was wrong. as they grew into adolesence their little fishy testosterone kicked in and the smaller rainbow killed the larger albino. i won't make that mistake again.
uh-oh!!! :/

IMO, no it can't be done. Those guys and red tail sharks hate each other with a passion. I mean really really hate each other. jmo, but it can't be done with any average of success.

Tanked said:
whoa! I guess I should read the threads instead of just the original post before answering. :eek:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. It's tough keeping these guys together in anything but the biggest of tanks.

I don't know what it is tho. They usually always leave all other fish alone, but have such a hatred for each other. I don't get it.

I have a friend with a 55g and he has 18 Mbunas in there and a redtail shark.

I told him not to add Mbunas in there because they would kill the redtail but a year later not only is the redtail shark still alive...he runs that tank and ALL the Mbunas are afraid of him.
That goes for the demosoni and all of them. He doesn't have any of the 3 I consider the toughest, but I consider all Mbunas bad attitude fish, so go figure. :blink:

Hi,

I was told to put Them in my Oscar Tank :lol: .

I suppose I'll have to swop them out for other fish.

see now that my Albino is always after the other one....sigh which one to give up...a dilemma.

Maybe I should get rid of my small marine tank, I have 2 klipvissies in it?

Oh well.

Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back