Albino Cory - Possible Fungal Infection?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

surlaw

Reaction score
Hello fish people, I've had an albino cory in my tank for about six months now, along with a few other cories, some guppies, four dwarf gouramis, and a rubberlip pleco. The albino cory has grown larger than the rest and is very energetic and eats well. The tank's a 60 gallon and all levels seem to be decent. Last night, I noticed a white thing that's appeared on the albino cory's fin; I've attached a picture and circled it. I haven't see this before. Is it a fungal infection, an injury, something else?

Thanks for the help!

WchRZRP.png

Hi there.

Can you post the exact numbers from your tests please?

Also, what other fish do you have in the tank?

What are you feeding them? Corys can develop fatty lumps when fed too much high protein food, adjust the food & the lump should go away.

that's interesting lilliefishy... I have a panda with a funny fin and that looks like a fat lump too. I'll have to check their food and see if there's a lot of protein in it. Thanks for that! I never knew :)

fluttermoth said:
Hi there.

Can you post the exact numbers from your tests please?

Also, what other fish do you have in the tank?

Nitrate - 20 ppm
Nitrite - 0
Chlorine - 0
Alkalinity - 80 ppm
pH - 7.2

We've got 4 dwarf gouramis, 7 guppies, a rubberlip pleco, four corys, and a couple of snails.

Lillefishy said:
What are you feeding them? Corys can develop fatty lumps when fed too much high protein food, adjust the food & the lump should go away.
That's interesting! This cory does seem to eat a lot more than the rest (and grew a lot faster.) We feed them Aqueon Tropical Flakes, which looks like it has 41% crude protein. Would you recommend a different protein value?

I noticed this right away when I started feeding my corys Wardleys shrimp pellets for corydoras. It didn't take much. I switched to omega one shrimp pellets for corydoras recently so I'll see how it works compared to the other brand. I now only feed my tank omega one. Flakes, algae rounds, betta pellets, salamander/frog pellets for my African dwarf frog

Hi Brittleskittle84 and welcome to the forum :)

Don't get too carried away with this thread, it is from 2015 :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back